This notice is to alert our Joyent Public Cloud and Manta Storage Service customers to our newly enhanced maintenance/incidents notification system:
- Effective 27-May-2016 17:00 Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), new notifications regarding planned maintenance and unplanned incidents will all be provided at: https://status.joyent.com.
- As of the same effective date/time, http://help.joyent.com will no longer be used for updates on active incidents or upcoming maintenance activities. However, it will still be the place to view and subscribe to Announcements, Security Advisories and Knowledge Articles.
In making this change, our goal is to provide you (and all of our customers) with even faster, more user-tailored and efficient cloud-wide notifications about planned maintenance and unplanned incidents. This new notification system will allow us to reach that commitment.
Subscribing for Notifications
An important feature of our new notification system is that customers can subscribe to receive email notices of incidents and maintenance activities. In order to subscribe to these timely email alerts, follow these simple steps:
- Go to https://status.joyent.com and bookmark the page.
- While you are there, take a moment to click the "Subscribe" button in the top right corner, as illustrated below.
- You will be emailed a link that will let you easily manage the types of email alerts you wish to receive.
That’s all you need to do! Of course, you will also be able to view maintenance and incident notifications directly at https://status.joyent.com.
Thank you for your time in attending to this notice. If you are a Joyent customer and have any further questions regarding this change, please do not hesitate to submit a request via http://help.joyent.com or by email to email@example.com.